Trial Membership: 1 half day technical class + 50% off additional group classes that month for only ($99)
- One Technical Class/Month
- Half Off Additional Group Classes
Denver, Golden, Morrison, and Boulder, RMNP & Moab
Course Available for Most Skill & Endurance Levels
1, 3 & 6 Month Memberships
- Rental Climbing Shoes ($10)
- Top Rope Kit ($$)
- Sport Kit ($$$)
- 1 Month ($99/month)
- 3 Months ($69/month)
- 6 Months ($49/month)
Trial Member Sign up for a 1 month trial before buying a Mountain Membership ($99)
- I went on a basic level rock climbing class to Table Mountain in Golden. It was fun. – Joshua
- I was initially concerned that the weather would ruin the day. However, my concerns were short-lived. The entire afternoon was a pleasure. The instruction was provided in a clear and enthusiastic manner that could not have been bettered. All three of our guides (Spencer, Eric & Carsten) provided a very real sense of enjoyment that was infectious. Many thanks to all three! -Andrew
- Amazing trip and a GREAT instructor. I learned more about rock climbing in the few hours I was there then I ever had. I would recommend this trip to everyone! -Lori
- We loved it! – Kim
- It was perfect! -Katia
- I took the intor to rock climbing trip offered through Groupon. I thought that Karsten did a great job. -Karly
- It was a great trip with a great bunch of instructors that enjoyed teaching others. They were friendly and didn’t mind me asking them to show me the harness knot about 100 times. -Peter
- LOVED IT!!! I was amazed at how much we learned and how safe it was. I never felt uncomfortable or unable to move forward. -Christina
- It was a terrific afternoon. I got to climb in Boulder Canyon on Elephant Rock/Dome trip. I felt the guide to climber ratio was good. We had 8 in our group and 3 guides, allowing us to get a fair amount of climbing in, without feeling cheated. -Sara
- I had a really great time on Saturday. Our guide was very knowledgeable and safe, but kept the atmosphere fun and laid back. I was confident both in my guide and the other participants because of the instruction we all received. I was also extremely happy with the friendly and supportive environment through the entire experience. I couldn’t have asked for a better adventure and I am looking forward to my next trip. -Shannon
- I thought it was a great experience and definitely taught me the basics and it is something that I definitely would like to keep doing. -
- I had a great time, would love to do it again. The instructor was patient and very helpful with us. I was able to pick everything up easily and had fun at the same time. -Cris
- I had a great time! Staff was encouraging and accommodating! -Caitlin
- We had a great time! Staff was encouraging, friendly, knowledgable, and accommodating! -Caitlin
- My daughter, Carli, went climbing with Cory and another fellow whom I can’t remember. She went with 5 other children in 5th/6th grade. They all had a great time. -Susan
- We had a basic training course on Saturday and we had a great teacher – Andrew. We had a very fun group to climb with as well. Then, Sunday we met Carsten and climbed the Flatirons. He was very responsive to our questions and helped us feel comfortable while on the mountain. I will recommend your services again. -maia.
- Corey (sp?) was our guide and he was awesome and extremely patient. -April
- The kids loved it. -Jake and Sydney
- Andrew was our guide. He was gracious, humble, and very kind. I felt very safe and have two friends who want to take a lesson as well. -Tiffany
- I took my niece and nephew rock climbing as neither had climbed before. We had a great time! -Carol
- Andrew was a great instructor and made sure everyone was safe.
- Intro to Rock Climbing at The Dome…Lots of fun – great guides and laid back just how I hoped it would be. -Dan
- Fantastic! Bridget and I had a great time (but it passed too quickly). Spencer was a great instructor. -Chris
- I had a great time! My goal was to learn the basics so I could seek others to climb with in the future and I believe I reached that goal…and with confidence. -Alison
- Morning rock climbing in scenery you can’t beat. It was a really good first experience. Spencer was great at explaining everything and extremely patient. It’s great that he “understands the learning curve.” I think that generally makes a better teacher. Really, I was super impressed with his knowledge and patience. Also, the class size (4 people) was really good. And, I felt like I got a good amount of practice in, being as this was my first time. -Ariel
- I would say the Apex Experience was 10 on a scale of 1-10.
- I took the introductory rock climbing class on Sunday, May 29 from 0900-1230 at The Dome. -Jessica
- It was great. Thanks for the flexibility and great instruction. -Pamela
- It was great. Great beginning class, great info, great instructor, great length. -Jolie
- I went rock climbing. -Allison
Mountain Members have the opportunity to take part in ongoing training to enhance technical skills in the disciplines of rock, alpine and ski/snowboard mountaineering. You choose which courses are right for you and join one class per month with the Mountain Membership. You may also add additional group classes within your course track for 1/2 off list price. Each course has multiple classes offered throughout the year, most often on weekends.
Choose the trial one month membership for $99. If you enjoyed the class you will be automatically upgraded to the 6 month Mountain Membership where learn the skills needed to climb, mountaineer and ski Colorado. There is no commitment during the trial membership period so you have the chance to try out the courses offered at Apex Ex.
Rock Climbing Basics
Half day climbing course that covers the basics of climbing. Skills covered: Top rope belay, figure eight knot, basics of climbing movement, rappelling, equipment familiarity.
- Classes in Course: 1
- Prerequisites: None
Top Rope Anchors
4 half day courses that cover the fundamentals of building top rope anchors and climbing out on your own. Skills covered: Natural anchoring, bowline knot, bunny earn knot, honking knot, industrial top rope anchoring, natural hazards and top rope location placement.
- Classes in Course: 4
- Prerequisites: Rock Climbing Basics or Equivalent.
Course consists of 1 full day and 3 half days covering the fundamentals to follow and lead sport routes. Skills covered: Lead belay, risk assessment and mitigation, sport cleaning, anchor cleaning, rope management, lead strategy, clipping, sport anchors, magic X anchor.
- Classes in Course: 4
- Prerequisites: Rock Climbing Basics or Equivalent.
Course consists of 1 full day and 5 half days covering the fundamentals to follow and lead routes requiring traditional gear placement and anchors. This course include one multi pitch trad climbing day with a maximium 1 to 3 ratio which has a $25 additional charge for members. Skills covered: Passive and active protection placement, self equalizing anchors, figure eight cord anchors, trad leading technique, rope management, route selection, hanging belays, natural hazards and applied physics.
- Classes in Course: 6
- Prerequisites: Sport Leading or Equivalent.
Each trip has a different prerequisite base of knowledge. If you are new to climbing then start with rock climbing basics. If you are a comfortable sport leader you might check out the Trad Climbing course.
Healthy and active people will do well on these courses. Whether you climb 5.6 or 5.12 the skills needed are very similiar and we will help you learn techniques to stay safe while rock climbing.
Wear layers so that you can shed them if you are hot and bundle up if you are cold. Bringing rain gear, a medium sized (40+ liter) backpack, and any required medications is necessary. Light hiking shoes are great for the climbing day but tennis shoes will suffice. Climbing shoes are a must. If you don’t have any we rent them for $10. All technical equipment is provided on the Rock Climbing Basics and Top Rope Anchoring courses. The Sport Lead and Trad Lead courses require one rack per 2 participants.
Gratuity: The outdoor industry depends on gratuity to ensure quality in the field. Your guide goes to incredible lengths to keep you safe and happy. A tip of ten to twenty dollars per person per day is recommended for excellent service on this trip.
Cancellation: There is a 50% refund available for trips canceled more than 2 weeks in advanced. All trips are non-refundable within 2 weeks of the trip date. In the case of inclement weather prior to the trip start you will be credited the amount paid for future use with Apex Ex valid for up to 1 year from the scheduled trip date. Trial memberships have no commitment period. Mountain Memberships are a 6 month commitment with automatic renewal and there are also 3 month non automatic renewal membership options as well.
Responsibility: In the case that a member of the party becomes sick or injured it is the responsibility of the group to abandon the summit attempt and assist in rescue. Additionally, if for any reason the guide determines the group is in unreasonable danger, it is the responsibility of the climbing members to stay with the guide. These situations are part of mountaineering and are non-refundable.
Climbing Course Progression
These courses are a progression towards rock climbing excellent rock right in your backyard or formidable peaks throughout the world. Your progression towards greater heights with Apex Ex starts with Rock Climbing Basics and progresses to Trad Climbing.