Guided Rock Climbing, Rappelling and Belaying
Group trips are at:
9am-12pm and 1pm-4pm
Guide, Technical Equipment, ($5 climbing shoe rentals available)
Denver, Golden, Morrison, Boulder, Colorado
Private trips can be booked anytime. Group trips are available on weekends throughout Spring/Summer/Fall 2014.
Beginner & Intermediate Climbers
Rental Climbing Shoes ($5)
1/2 Day $199 (1-2 people) +$49 per additional
(+10) pricing available
Group Trips offered on weekends and available through online deal providers.
- I went on a basic level rock climbing class to Table Mountain in Golden. It was fun. – Joshua
- I was initially concerned that the weather would ruin the day. However, my concerns were short-lived. The entire afternoon was a pleasure. The instruction was provided in a clear and enthusiastic manner that could not have been bettered. All three of our guides (Spencer, Eric & Carsten) provided a very real sense of enjoyment that was infectious. Many thanks to all three! -Andrew
- Amazing trip and a GREAT instructor. I learned more about rock climbing in the few hours I was there then I ever had. I would recommend this trip to everyone! -Lori
- We loved it! – Kim
- It was perfect! -Katia
- I took the intor to rock climbing trip offered through Groupon. I thought that Karsten did a great job. -Karly
- It was a great trip with a great bunch of instructors that enjoyed teaching others. They were friendly and didn’t mind me asking them to show me the harness knot about 100 times. -Peter
- LOVED IT!!! I was amazed at how much we learned and how safe it was. I never felt uncomfortable or unable to move forward. -Christina
- It was a terrific afternoon. I got to climb in Boulder Canyon on Elephant Rock/Dome trip. I felt the guide to climber ratio was good. We had 8 in our group and 3 guides, allowing us to get a fair amount of climbing in, without feeling cheated. -Sara
- I had a really great time on Saturday. Our guide was very knowledgeable and safe, but kept the atmosphere fun and laid back. I was confident both in my guide and the other participants because of the instruction we all received. I was also extremely happy with the friendly and supportive environment through the entire experience. I couldn’t have asked for a better adventure and I am looking forward to my next trip. -Shannon
- I thought it was a great experience and definitely taught me the basics and it is something that I definitely would like to keep doing. -Devira
- I had a great time, would love to do it again. The instructor was patient and very helpful with us. I was able to pick everything up easily and had fun at the same time. -Cris
- I had a great time! Staff was encouraging and accommodating! -Caitlin
- We had a great time! Staff was encouraging, friendly, knowledgable, and accommodating! -Caitlin
- We had a basic training course on Saturday and we had a great teacher – Andrew. We had a very fun group to climb with as well. Then, Sunday we met Carsten and climbed the Flatirons. He was very responsive to our questions and helped us feel comfortable while on the mountain. I will recommend your services again. -maia.
- Corey (sp?) was our guide and he was awesome and extremely patient. -April
- The kids loved it. -Jake and Sydney
- Andrew was our guide. He was gracious, humble, and very kind. I felt very safe and have two friends who want to take a lesson as well. -Tiffany
- I took my niece and nephew rock climbing as neither had climbed before. We had a great time! -Carol
- Andrew was a great instructor and made sure everyone was safe.
- Intro to Rock Climbing at The Dome…Lots of fun – great guides and laid back just how I hoped it would be. -Dan
Rock Climbing Basics Overview
Half day climbing course that covers the basics of climbing. Skills covered: Top rope belay, figure eight knot, basics of climbing movement, rappelling, equipment familiarity. No Prerequisites.
A great first step towards having fun and staying safe while climbing outside
You will learn the basics of climbing movement, belaying and rappelling. After this trip you will be more prepared to climb with experienced friends or try a summit attempt with an Apex Ex guide. You will also gain the prerequisite skills required to join the anchor building and sport climbing course.
This day is geared to get you hooked on the sport. We understand that different people have different goals. Some folks like to learn every details: rappelling, knots, belay technique, anchor systems. Others are more interested in the experience and are ready to try something new. Our guides will keep you safe, both physically and emotionally while you learn the ropes. If you are considering this trip, you might also be interested in our full day top rope and multi pitch trips.
Ages: The majority of participant on these trips are adults. But young adults and kids are welcome too. Children between 5-10 will have specified trips on weekends throughout the Summer. Young adults over the age of 11 can join the adult groups.
Boulder Canyon, The Dome - To arrive at the climbing destination follow Boulder Canyon (CO119 or bike path) towards Nederland. Less than a mile after you leave Boulder there is a large rock formation and a dirt parking lot to the right. There is also a much larger dirt parking lot to the left. Park to the right if there is space and meet near the pedestrian bridge crossing the creek.
Golden, Lookout Mountain - From Golden: Head West on 19th street. As you start driving up the mountain the road changes names to Look Out Mountain Rd. Right before a 180 degree hairpin turn is the a small tree shaded lot on the left. Park there. There is also a parking lot directly after the hairpin turn. From the intersection of 6th and 19th the first lot is 1.8 miles up the road.
Golden, Clear Creek Tunnel 2 - From Golden head west on Route 6. Directly after the second tunnel is the parking area on the left. If you enter the third tunnel you have gone too far. There is limited cell phone reception at this location.
Golden, Clear Creek Tunnel 1 Kids Climbing Location- From Golden head west on Route 6. Directly before the first tunnel is the parking area on the left. There is limited cell phone reception at this location.
Each trip has a different prerequisite base of knowledge. If you are new to climbing then start with rock climbing basics. If you are a comfortable sport leader you might check out the Trad Climbing course.
Healthy and active people will do well on these courses. Whether you climb 5.6 or 5.12 the skills needed are very similiar and we will help you learn techniques to stay safe while rock climbing.
Wear layers so that you can shed them if you are hot and bundle up if you are cold. Bringing rain gear, a medium sized (40+ liter) backpack, and any required medications is necessary. Light hiking shoes are great for the climbing day but tennis shoes will suffice. Climbing shoes are a must. If you don’t have any we rent them for $10. All technical equipment is provided on the Rock Climbing Basics and Top Rope Anchoring courses. The Sport Lead and Trad Lead courses require one rack per 2 participants.
Gratuity: The outdoor industry depends on gratuity to ensure quality in the field. Your guide goes to incredible lengths to keep you safe and happy. A tip of twenty to thirty dollars per person per day is recommended for excellent service on this trip.
Cancellation Policy: There is a 50% refund available for trips canceled more than 2 weeks in advanced. All trips are non-refundable within 2 weeks of the trip date. In the case of inclement weather prior to the trip start you will be credited the amount paid for future use with Apex Ex valid for up to 1 year from the scheduled trip date.
Responsibility: In the case that a member of the party becomes sick or injured it is the responsibility of the group to abandon the summit attempt and assist in rescue. Additionally, if for any reason the guide determines the group is in unreasonable danger, it is the responsibility of the climbing members to stay with the guide. These situations are part of mountaineering and are non-refundable.
What is after Rock Climbing Basics?
These courses are a progression towards rock climbing excellent rock right in your backyard or formidable peaks throughout the world. Your progression towards greater heights with Apex Ex starts with Rock Climbing Basics and progresses to Trad Climbing.