Guided 3 day Backpacking Trip, as seen in Backpacker Magazine
3 days 2 nights
Guide, All meals prepared, Fees/Reservations
Sleeping bag, sleeping pad, tent and backpack can be added for additional charges.
Rocky Mountain National Park
July 25th-27th (available)
August 22nd-24th (available)
Call for custom dates
Medium Endurance Required. Experience Backpacking recommended. No technical climbing
Lodging , Additional Nights Camping, transportation
Private: $799, 2 or more $399/person.
Take three days to immerse yourself in majestic Rocky Mountain National Park while you travel one of its famous and most beautiful backpacking loops.
Start on the trail day one and gain elevation slowly over the course of 8-10 miles. Day two, go above tree line and cross the Continental Divide at over 12,000 feet! Day three cruise back to your starting location with 25 miles of unforgetable scenary behind you. Give us a call at (303) 731-6160 to learn more.
This trip is designed for people with medium to high endurance and drive to make some miles. Some camping and backpacking experience is recommended.
The ability to run 5 to 10 miles is highly encouraged. You need not be a runner but having similiar strength and endurance capabilities makes this trip great.
Wear layers so that you can shed them if you are hot and bundle up if you are cold. Bringing rain gear, a larger sized backpack 40-50L, and any required medications is necessary. While covering this kind of terrain, you must wear hiking shoes or boots with ankle support.
- Rain jacket with a hood
- Warm hat
- Extra insulating layer (softshell or fleece, jacket or vest)
- Lightweight gloves/mittens
- Hiking boots: trail running shoes will work, boots with ankle support are best
- Backpack: 30+ Liter
- Headlamp, new batteries
- Sun gear: sunscreen (SPF 30+), SPF lip balm, sun-hat/ball-cap, and dark sunglasses
- 3 liter capacity – water bottles/bladder
Synthetic base layers (long underwear)
3 pairs of socks
Rain jacket with a hood
Light upper warm layer (long sleeve, synthetic)
Insulating upper layer (fleece or puffy jacket)
Hiking boots already broken in
- Toiletries (toothbrush/paste, feminine hygiene, contacts lenses, medications, etc.)
- Sleeping Bag 15°F available for rent
- Sleeping Pad: full-length inflatable pad available for rent
- Extra Warm Layers
- 50+ Liter Backpack (large enough to fit all personal equipment, extra room for group gear/food)
- Mountain environments can bring a variety of weather, varying by the season and by the minute, so be prepared for the worst (and the best).
- Synthetic clothes dry easily and keep you warm when wet.
- Avoid cotton, expect for day use (i.e. summer hiking t-shirt).
- Pack light to travel light, minimize fatigue and increase speed. Wear items that are comfortable and easy to move in, and pack only the bare essentials, and avoid duplicates by choosing options that fulfill multiple purposes.
- Non-cotton items, materials that are synthetic will wick away moisture and dry quickly. Cotton does not dry quickly and often stays wet.
Gratuity: The outdoor industry depends on gratuity to ensure quality in the field. Your Longs Peak guide goes to incredible lengths to keep you safe and happy on the mountain. An excellent guided experience on Longs Peak it gratuity of thirty to sixty dollars per person is recommended.
Cancellation Policy: There is a 50% refund available for trips canceled more than 2 weeks in advanced. All trips are non-refundable within 2 weeks of the trip date. In the case of inclement weather prior to the trip start you will be credited the amount paid for future use with Apex Ex valid for up to 1 year from the scheduled trip date.
Responsibility: In the case that a member of the party becomes sick or injured it is the responsibility of the group to abandon the summit attempt and assist in rescue. Additionally, if for any reason the guide determines the group is in unreasonable danger, it is the responsibility of the climbing members to stay with the guide. These situations are part of mountaineering and are non-refundable.
Ready to take it to the next level?
This 2 day trip is a great introduction to Rocky Mountain National Park. As you climb this mountain you are afford a 360 degree view of the park. You will be ready for 3-10 day back packing trips supported by Apex Ex.
Longs Peak Hike & Backpack
Continental Divide Backpacking
We build each trip around your goals, skill level and endurance. After you book, your guide will call to better understand your group, answer questions and help you prepare for the trip.
To sign up you can also give us a call at 303-731-6160 303-731-6160from 8am to 10pm
The best climber in the world is the one who is having the most fun.